MS D365 for Finance and Operations
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (Enterprise Edition) is a Microsoft enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for medium to large organisations. The software, part of the Dynamics 365 product line, was first on general release in November 2016, initially branded as Dynamics 365 for Operations. In July, 2017, it was rebranded to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. At the same time, Microsoft rebranded their business software suite for small businesses (Business Edition, Financials) to Finance and Operations.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is Microsoft’s business application for enterprises that enables people to make smarter decisions quickly through an intelligent user interface that provides access to real-time insights and intelligence. It enables business to transform by delivering proven business logic and enabling them to redesign their business processes faster so they can innovate, get quick time to value to stay ahead of the competition. It gives businesses the ?exibility to grow at their pace and do business nearly anywhere, anytime, through the choice and ?exibility of the cloud, allowing them to scale their operations globally to meet business needs.
- Timesheet functionality finally comes to mobile devices.
- Now, your employees can manage their project timesheets on their mobile device, no matter if they’re on a project site, at home, or on vacation.
- Once submitted, those timesheets can also be approved by managers on a mobile device or computer.
- Many corporations are either required to, or prefer to, issue RFQs when searching for a new vendor to provide items or services. Finance and Operations streamlines the RFQ process and allows users to:
- Create and send an RFQ to one or more vendors
- Receive and register bids and replies
- Transfer accepted bids to purchase orders, purchase agreements, or a purchase requisition
- Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations gives the purchasing team the ability to import items and services available to employees directly from vendor catalogs. Employees can then request or order items and services directly from the internal procurement catalog.
- The Global Address Book is essentially a one-stop shop for all information on internal and external people and organizations that do business or interact with the company. Party role examples include customer, prospect, worker, user, vendor, competitor, applicant, and contact. Contacts and organizations can be associated with multiple party roles. For example, a company could be both a customer and a vendor.
- Companies can now manage sales promotion programs and offer retail “pay-for-performance” monetary rewards to customers that achieve volume and behavioral goals. This eliminates the need to manually track or run recurring reports to determine which clients reached the sales milestone to receive the offered promotion.
- Check fraud is an ongoing issue that can cause headaches for both the bank and your company. With positive pay, or “SafePay”, you can help the bank prevent check fraud by automatically generating an electronic list of checks every time that checks are printed by your organization. That list is sent to the bank and the bank compares the checks received with your list of checks previously submitted. If the check received is on the list, the bank clears it. If not, the bank holds it for review.
- Transportation management allows you to identify vendor and routing solutions for both inbound and outbound orders – identifying the fastest route, or the least expensive shipping rate.
- Deliver fast, accurate reporting and make data-driven decisions to improve forecasting, profitability, and compliance.
- Bring agility and efficiency to manufacturing, keep pace with demand, and uphold quality control with machine learning and AI-driven insights.
- Accelerate delivery time, reduce costs, and simplify warehouse and transportation processes with complete visibility across your supply chain.
- Meet your specific business needs and be ready for growth with a solution that’s easy to customize, integrates with your existing systems, and offers cloud or hybrid deployment options.